Our Story

Our Story

Farkas Funeral Home has a longstanding tradition of providing excellent service to Joliet families.

Our history begins with the 1852 establishment of Chamberlain and Sloan Mortuary. In 1914, the Chamberlain firm was the first to purchase a motorized hearse in Will County. After returning from World War II, Willard Blood began managing the mortuary firm in 1946, and later opened the Blood & Grant Funeral Home at 112 Richards Street. That historic location had previously been the home of the Rialto theater builder, Louis Rubens.

As the city of Joliet expanded, Blood and his business partner, Harry Grant, purchased land west of the river in 1966 to open Blood & Grant Westwood Memorial Chapel. That site was later known as Woodlawn Memorial Chapel.

The one constant in these years of service is caring for our families; our long tradition of dedication is still continued by the Farkas Funeral Home staff today.

Farkas Funeral Home | (815) 725-0100
3201 W. Jefferson St. Joliet, IL 60431


© Farkas Funeral Home
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants